Monday, November 12, 2007

Two none losses in a row!

Not the most exciting game, but like most Bears fans I'll take any win this year.
The story of the game was Grossman coming back in just before the half, and winning the game with a great looking long ball to Berrian.

There were a couple of things of note in a game that minus the last 4 minutes was pretty uninspired.

1. The Defense turned up or 4 quarters and played well. Last season against the Raiders we'd have expected that, but this season it was a pleasant surprise.

2. The running game is still struggling, whether it be the O-Line or Benson I can't tell, it's probably a combination of the two.

3. The O-Line continues to struggle to protect the quarter back.

4. The offense looks very different with Grossman on the field.

I think the last point is worth discussing, I don't know if it's Ron Turner calling different plays or just Grossman making different decisions, but I much prefer the look of it with Grossman in there.

If it was my call against Seattle I'd start Grossman he wasn't dramatically better that Greise but I prefer the way the offense works when he plays, and from the comments after the game the team seems to have faith in him. Having said that without more consistency from the line and the running game it's going to be a struggle for anyone playing quarterback for the Bears, they struggled against the Raiders and their remaining schedule has many teams who are better.

Still we're still in the play-off race, it probably won't last, Seattle next week will be challenging up at qwest field.